In this new category, we will post once a month practical tips and tricks for healthy living with kidney disease. Consider these as tools that you can modify according to your unique situation. These tools span across our principles of Integrative medicine approach for kidney disease, including genetics, environmental exposure, gut health, lifestyle and others. We invite others to contribute to this category. If you are interested in contributing, please contact us email@example.com. In this first blog, Dr. Isreb will share a plant-based recipe which is a breakfast chia apple oatmeal.
Join us in the fight against kidney disease and receive the FREE Report “5 Pitfalls to Avoid When Caring for Kidney Patients”
Breakfast Chia Apple Oatmeal
This is one of my favorite breakfast recipes. It is a healthy plant-based breakfast with 7 g protein and 10 g of fiber to start you day right.
- Boil 1 cup of water then add oats, chia seeds and chopped apple.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring over medium heat.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add raw stevia to taste
- Add 4 oz of almond milk if desired.
- Garnish with chopped apples and blueberries (optional)
Download Your Copy!